Brexit – what are the consequences?

As things stand today the United Kingdom will leave the European Union on 29th March 2019. It is still unclear whether Brexit will be based on an agreement between the UK and the EU or not. A valid Green Card may be necessary for cross-border traffic when travelling to the United Kingdom.

TFF will follow the development. This information will be updated. You can also contact your insurer before travelling.


My vehicle was parked

If your vehicle was parked somewhere in Sweden and was damaged by an unknown vehicle legally required to have MTPL-insurance, TFF will compensate you.

Damage caused by bicycles, shopping trolleys, human beings (e.g. being kicked) or other kinds of damage are not compensated.

When am I entitled to compensation?

In order to receive compensation from TFF for the damage, you will need to be able to prove that your vehicle was parked and that the damage was caused by an unknown vehicle legally required to have MTPL-insurance.

TFF will deduct an excess of SEK 2 325 from compensation for damage sustained in 2019.

Claims and settlement

If your vehicle was insured you should report the damage to the company that insures the vehicle; that company will settle the damage claim on TFF's behalf.

If you are not satisfied with the insurance company's settlement, you have the right to have your damage claim reviewed by TFF.

If your vehicle was uninsured or registered abroad, you should report the damage to TFF.

Damage should be reported to the police.